Social media can be an amazing thing for young aspiring actors, especially when it comes to building a bigger audience or fan base. As you gain experience, you are also gaining content for social media posts and more. Read below to learn how to effectively manage your social media as a young actor.
Social Media & Aspiring Actors
Overall, being kind and genuine with your fans on all social media platforms will be an amazing way to start to interact and gain followers. Social media can boost your appearance and help you land more acting gigs due to more visibility. Here are some quick tips and tricks to get started:
- Consistent Usernames: Your username needs to be consistent across all the platforms you use. This will make it easier for people to find you, especially reoccurring visitors.
- Update Cover Photos, Headers, and Banners: Your initial profile picture is essentially the first impression with some of your audience. So, embrace your artistic edge with a creative photo that will give you an amazing first impression.
- Social Media Bios: Your bio should describe who you are and maybe a link to your most recent performance. However, you should always include links to all of your other platforms as well. This will give your first-time followers more places to find you.
- Consistency is Key: As you gain more and more followers, posting consistency will become critical to maintaining post engagement and visibility. Posting at key times during the day will increase the likelihood of people subscribing to your account. Using multiple social media platforms like, Twitter, Instagram, and Youtube will require even more consistency, but you can use each platform to boost the other.
- Find Your Crowd: It’s impossible to connect to every type of audience in this day and age, so find your audience. Once you find a target audience, you will gain even bigger insight on how to engage and interact with your fans.
Overall, engaging with your audience is the main idea. Whether it’s retweeting or a simple reply, you could be making someone’s day, as well as creating more engagement. Start your acting career today at CGTV! CGTV is a high-level TV, film, and entertainment program designed to help connect talent to the industry. Talent is guided by top celebrities from ABC, NBC, CBS, Disney Channel and Nickelodeon shows including CSI, 24, Modern Family, The Suite Life on Deck, Disney 365, Drake & Josh, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, Austin & Alley and Good Luck Charlie. CGTV: We have people on TV! For more information visit our website at cgtv.la! For more information on our latest news, follow us on Facebook!